EnterpriseDB: The Enterprise Postgres Company Postgres Plus Forums: The PostgreSQL Open Source Database from EnterpriseDB
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 

Error reading file /postgresql.conf  XML

Forum Index » PostgreSQL (formerly Standard Server)
maxim.musienko

After validating Login and Password - It shows me error - "Error reading file /postgresql.conf"

I cant understand what does it mean and what to do
Admin

Hi,

Can you let us know the operating system being used and its version, and also the version of standard server being used. Are you seeing this error during the installation process or afterwards.
[WWW]
maxim.musienko

OpenSuse 11.4 64.bit
Last version of the standard server

I understand what it is - there is file "postgres-reg.ini"

history:

#1. there was an error when instal server first time in the midle of the process install - " Installation may not complete correctly Error in modifying postgresql.conf"
#2. i uninstall postgresplus
#3. install ones more and take an error but exact after validation Username and Password - "Error reading file /postgresql.conf"
#4.delete this file "postgres-reg.ini" - and i can install normaly - but GOTO #1

is there some bug? and installer create INI-file insted of CONF-file?

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at 9 Aug 2011 13:34:07

Admin

The postgres-reg.ini file keeps the record of installed components so these can be updated by stackbuilder plus once the updates become available. This file doesn't interfere with the installation process.

The postgresql.conf file however, gets created under the data directory, and contains the postgresql configurations for the database cluster.

Can you tell me the location where you are trying to install and also the location of the data directory? The default install location is /opt/PostgresPlus/<version>/ and the default data directory location is /opt/PostgresPlus/<version>/data/

Can you please also attach the installation log files, these files should be present under /tmp/ with the names bitrock* and postgres*.

Thanks
[WWW]
maxim.musienko

21:06:18] Modifying postgresql.conf
Stopping the database server...
Executing /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.0 stop
Script exit code: 127

Script output:

Script stderr:
/bin/sh: /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.0: No such file or directory

Error running /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.0 stop : /bin/sh: /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.0: No such file or directory
Setting variable postgresql_conf_updated_result from /tmp/postgresplus_root/modifyPostgresql.o "/opt/PostgresPlus/9.0SS/data/postgresql.conf" "true" "60" "1000" "250" "0.2" "0.1" "64" "381043" "8192" "20000" "1000" "4.0" "1024" "384" "1024" "100" "false"
Script exit code: 1

Script output:
File backup failed.
Reverting all changes before leaving application ...
 Filename install-postgresplus.log [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  394 time(s)

maxim.musienko

i install ones more - there are logs in attachment

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly
Error in modifying postgresql.conf
Press [Enter] to continue :
 Filename pg.zip [Disk] Download
 Description
 Filesize 75 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  370 time(s)

Admin

Hi,

I was able to find the following messages in the log files

In all likely hood this problem should go away by adjusting the SHMMAX and SHMMIN kernel parameters. These can be set in /etc/sysctl.conf files on most of the linux distributions.

Thanks
[WWW]
maxim.musienko

Thanks a lot! It works!
Admin

I am glad to hear that it worked out for you.
[WWW]

Forum Index » PostgreSQL (formerly Standard Server)
Go to: